The job is based in Bermuda working for a Big 4 Practice. There is full relocation support both financially and with the logistics of booking flights / accommodation and visa's etc.
This position would suit someone looking for additional banking experience in the offshore environment and who is near to promotion to senior manager.
As a Manager in the financial services group you will have responsibility for the engagement management of some of the firm’s most significant and technically challenging banking clients. This position will encompass significant technical (US GAAP/IFRS) experience together with senior client management and Board exposure. As a member of the audit management team you will need to have significant banking experience plus experience in investment funds or insurance. As manager you will also be responsible for the performance management of audit staff and business development.
- Strong communicator
- Excellent written and oral English
- Outgoing, friendly personality
- Experience with investment funds and financial instruments
- Experience with banks and other deposit taking institutions
- IFRS and US GAAP would be an advantage
- Mature, self-motivated, well organized, hard working, enthusiastic and professional
- Career oriented
- Head of Investments & Banking/Managing Directors
The development and management of a successful audit practice and the day-to-day management of a portfolio of clients. The supervision and review of audit seniors and staff accountants within your team to ensure a professional, efficient and cost effective service is provided to clients within your portfolio and your team. There are also opportunities to work with other service lines within the financial services sectors in our advisory practice.
In addition to the responsibilities relating to clients you will also carry out some non-client related duties assigned to you to assist in the overall management of the Firm.
- Exam qualified accountant – CA/ACCA/CPA.
- First time passes are preferable
- CFA an advantage
- All candidates must be university graduates
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in banking
- Investment funds or insurance experience would also be an advantage
- Significant experience in a US GAAP environment and/or IFRS experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – both internally and with clients
- Strong risk management skills.
- Supervision and motivation of engagement teams, including education on technical matters.
- Experience in managing and completing multiple engagements.
- Proven experience in developing excellent client and market-based relationships