We are looking for a reliable Management Accountant to head up the finance team in our FM division. The division has a turnover of £20 million pounds. We are looking for an applicant who will oversee an accounts and invoicing team, install and maintain financial processes and will to assist senior management in making critical business decisions by analysing and presenting key financial data. You will oversee accounting procedures and prepare forecasts, budgets and risk analysis.
An excellent management accountant must have an exceptional mathematical mind combined with a strong business orientation. You must be able to assume responsibility of cost accounting tasks and be both a strategist and a decision maker.
Experience in the Facilities maintenance sector whilst not essential would be very beneficial.
- Manage and supervise personnel
- Ensure the team are meeting deadlines and targets
- Identify and eliminate performance blockers.
- Gather and analyse financial information for internal use
- Record financial transactions for project, department, or company
- Prepare financial statements for internal and external use
- Relay information from accounting department to management team
- Make upper-level strategy recommendations based on financials
- Support budgeting and funding
- Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing
- Analyse financial performance and forecast longer term horizons
- Assist the company in managing its investment portfolio
- Assume responsibility of accounting procedures
- Evaluate the company’s performance using key data
- Recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost
- Maintain records and support auditing efforts
- Make forecasts to assist business planning and decision-making
- Conduct risk assessment and advise on ways to minimize risk
- Advise on problems and suggest improvements
- Proven experience as management accountant, accounting supervisor or similar role
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting
- Excellent knowledge or risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Working knowledge of financial software (Sage will be preferred) and MS Office
- Analytical mind with aptitude in math
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A problem-solver with attention to detail
- Organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or similar field will be preferred
Relevant certification (e.g. CIMA, AAT, ACA) will be preferred