- Working as an integral part of a team.
- Increasing machine uptime.
- Operating lean manufacturing techniques.
- Planning and supporting 5s activities.
- Implementing Planned Maintenance (PM) Programmes.
- Housekeeping e.g. machine refurbishments
- Participating in the internal multi-skilling programme.
- Supporting the manufacturing function.
- Carry out maintenance tasks in a timely manner to an acceptable standard.
- Reporting to production supervisors for breakdown and completion hand over.
- Co-ordinate activities for the other engineers and contractors engaged on engineering support projects.
- Responsibility for all related aspects of EHS.
- Identify and improve productivity opportunities through continuous improvement initiatives that are engineering related.
- To provide specific support for engineering projects.
- To provide technical expertise for FMEA.
- To offer support for problem solving activities taking place on site.
The successful applicant must have served a recognized engineering apprenticeship within a manufacturing engineering environment. They will also have several years experience of working on modern machine tools, with PLC/CNC electrical and electronic control systems, and should also have a sound working knowledge of modern pneumatic and hydraulic systems and components.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be requested of you by the Company.