This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Maintenance Mechanic to join a successful manufacturing company based in Stafford. This role will suit someone who enjoys working for a family-feel company whilst being part of an international organisation, which offers the opportunity to progress for the right candidate.
The purpose of this role is to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Applicants should have previous experience in a maintenance role on mechanical and electrical equipment, be able to work as part of a busy team, and have good communication skills. Accountable to the Production Manager, the role offers a competitive salary of £27,681 p.a.
Essential requirements For Maintenance Mechanic role:
- Basic computer skills with capability to use Excel, SAP and SharePoint effectively
- (TIG MIG) welding experience - preferred
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems - preferred
- Experience in basic troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance on mechanical and electrical equipment
- Can read and understand technical drawings and manual
- The ability to work as part of a team or on your own initiative
- Able to balance varying workloads and priorities to meet business needs
- An understanding of TPM methodology
- A strong understanding of mechanical systems
The duties of the Maintenance Mechanic are:
- Carry out planned maintenance activities and equipment in accordance with the sites preventative maintenance schedules & CMMS
- Maintain accurate and up to date CBM, PdM, TBM, PM, Lube schedules
- Report equipment discrepancies through the Works Order System or directly to Supervisor depending on priority
- Provide day to day technical support to the Production and Tooling departments
- Complete planned work during downtime periods
- Carry out process improvement projects to increase machine capacity / efficiency
- Fault find and diagnose faults on site plant and equipment, utilizing technical drawings, manuals, PLC/CNC applications where required
- Fault finding to component level
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Parts Controller order breakdown parts or spares, providing detailed information to allow fastest possible delivery
- To follow Health & Safety procedures i.e. JSA's, COSHH, LOTO, near miss and accident reporting
- Maintaining optimum performance in line with KPIs
- Proactive role in process improvement using LEAN principles from identification of opportunities to implementation of change.
Salary: £27,681 p.a.
Benefits: Free car parking, 25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays (occasional Bank Holidays may need to be worked)
Hours of Work: Shift pattern - Monday to Friday Week 1: 6:00am- 2:00pm; Week 2: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
This role would suit someone with previous experience as: Maintenance Mechanic; Workshop Mechanic; Maintenance Engineer; Mechanical Engineer; Electro-Mechanical Engineer; Maintenance Fitter; M&E Mechanic; M&E Fitter.