Maintenance Engineer. Our award winning food manufacturing client are looking for an electrical / mechanical trained engineer to join their team on nights. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a local historical company who put an emphasis on quality organic foods.
Maintenance Engineer key responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring equipment to ensure that there is no potential risk to food product safety and for reporting any defects should they occur.
- At the direction of the Maintenance Manager undertakes repairs to plant, machinery and equipment specified CMMS or whilst in the production area.
- Undertakes routine maintenance of boilers, heat pasteuriser and processors as required, operating within Health and Safety regulations and manufacturer’s guidelines and warranties.
- Undertakes electrical repairs mindful of health and safety regulations and legislation, along with monitoring these services with in production areas.
- Undertakes basic plumbing repairs including tap washers, leaks etc.
- Undertakes basic fabrication and pipe work duties as required.
Maintenance Engineer criteria:
- Must have experience within a manufacturing environment (ideally food)
- Must be a multi-skilled engineer, capable of carry out electrical & mechanical maintenance and hold relevant certificates
- Must have own transport due to location
Hours of Work: This role is on permanent nights; it maybe working Sunday - Thursday or Monday - Friday this is to be confirmed.