We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer / Maintenance Technician to join a global logistics company based at a new automated-distribution centre for a well-known, blue chip grocery company in Central / East London. The site will be providing a direct home delivery service for online grocery orders.
The logistics company is a on a high growth rate and further blue chip customers and sites are coming in the next months and years.
Seeking an experienced multi skilled Maintenance Engineer / Maintenance Technician desirably electrically biased to work on a 4 on 6 off shift that includes nights and days, 12 hour shifts.
- Bonus of £2K (subject to targets)
- Pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- 4 on 6 off shift that includes nights and days, 12 hour shifts.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Applicants should ideally be ONC / HNC or equivalent and have proven industry experience in a logistics or Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment
- Mechanical and Electrical skills
- Reading Electrical schematics
- Maintain and repair on a variety of controls systems including Siemens S7, HMI’s
- Conveying systems - Tote and Pallet conveyors
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems - Crane Systems, Carousel Systems.
- Other associated Material Handling Equipment MHE systems; Goods lifts, Elevators, Stackers, Palletisers etc.
Education - Essential
- Recognised apprenticeship in electrical or electronics engineering discipline.
- Recognised cross training from Electrical to Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum NVQ 3 / ONC / HNC level qualification in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Qualified to IEE Wiring Regulations 16th Edition.
- Qualified to IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition.
- Health & Safety qualifications
- Other PLC and controls training courses
- Siemens S7 training