Machine Operator (Nights)
£8 Per Hour (Rising to £8.50 after 3 Months + £2.50 Shift Allowance)
Lancing, West Sussex
Our client is looking for an experienced Machine Operator to join their team based in Lancing. The right candidate will have a knowledge of the printing industry and be happy to work night shifts.
The right candidate will be expected to:
- Work as part of a team.
- Assist running the extrusion, printing & making of polythene bags.
- Set up machines to start a production cycle.
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed).
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines.
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools.
- Test operation of machines periodically.
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift.
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products.
- Maintain activity logs.
The right candidate must posses:
- Experience in a similar role.
- A knowledge of the printing industry.
- Clear communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work night shifts.
The hours of work for this position are Monday to Thursday night shifts 7pm to 7am. The first three months of this role involve working day shifts 7am to 7pm whilst training. The starting salary is £8 per hour, rising to £8.50 per hour upon change to the night shift. There is also a shift allowance of £2.50 for working nights. There is the capacity to work some overtime. Four Weeks paid holiday per year, contributory pension scheme and on the job training provided.