Role: Night Shift Loading Bay Supervisor
Salary: £22,750 p/a (plus overtime)
Our client, a leading food business based in Lancashire, is recruiting for a Night Shift Loading Bay Supervisor to join their rapidly expanding business.
Role & Responsibilities:
- The purpose of this role is to ensure the effective loading of the vehicles throughout the night.
- Working hours of 20:00 through 06:00 Sunday to Friday (with a Saturday night off as well as another allocated night off in the week - the role would still require flexibility in the working hours and will therefore need a ‘work until the job is complete’ attitude.
- Complete control of night loading team including night trunk drivers.
- Ensuring the timely release of all delivery vehicles while adhering to the agreed company dispatch KPI’s.
- Responsible for ensuring the loading completion in line with critical time dispatches.
- Responsible for the night loading and trunking operation liaising with the Group Transport Manager
- Responsible for the overall security of the dispatch bays, rear yard and all vehicles prior to dispatch.
- Meet KPI targets both agreed and set with the Group Transport Manager
- Work with and deliver agreed budget targets for staff costs and head counts.
- To liaise with HR regarding timekeeping, absences, complying with the Company Absence Procedure & Policy, Discipline and Grievance.
- To liaise with both the Nightshift Manager & Nightshift Supervisor to ensure the smooth running of the loading operations.
- Counterbalance FLT Licence is desirable; however our client is prepared to put the right candidate through training
- Candidates need to be able to carry out heavy lifting of up to 20kg weights
- Good communication skills
- Prior experience of working within a similar role within the food industry