**OUR CLIENT HAS ASKED NOT TO DISPLAY SALARIES ON ANY JOB BOARDS**
Our client based in Towcester is looking for a full time Linux Software Engineer to join their team. The primary role will be developing, implementing, validating and testing embedded software components such as firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages, I/O fabric frameworks as well as user space code.
Duties include (list not exhaustive):-
- Produce firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages (BSPs) and associated software components for a number of Linux distributions such as Yocto, Red Hat, Scientific and Wind River.
- Provide guidance to other engineers on working with the Open Source Community.
- Provide timely customer support on issues related to Linux implementations.
- Develop key expertise and drive best practice within the Linux development team.
- Communicate development status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with engineering procedures
- Produce draft customer documentation for processing and deployment by the Tech Publications group
- Participate in continuous improvement of Software Development Processes
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related discipline and demonstrable working experience in an embedded software environment with Linux. Strong understanding of C as well as Linux kernel and driver development is required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that delivers high performance rugged embedded computing solutions, based on industry standards and open architectures, to mission-critical applications in defence, aerospace and industry around the world.