|Job Title:||Linux Engineer|
|Salary:||50000 - 60000|
|Contact Name:||Claire Hallet-Walsh|
|Job Published:||25 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailemail@example.com|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||02392 984 004|
|Member Contact||Claire Hallet-Walsh|
|Contact Phone Number||02392 984004|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
To £60K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the nature of this work all candidates must be British Nationals, and already hold or be eligible to hold UK Security Clearance to SC level or higher.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 12 months minimum Linux experience as a System Administrator (ideally RHEL)
- Experience of managing and administering anti-virus, system back up and monitoring tools
- Familiarity with the core tools such as git, ssh, Linux command line and Bash
- Able to write documentation detailing routine system administrative tasks such as restoring services from back-ups, swapping out un-serviceable hardware etc
- Root cause analysis and debugging to aid in resolution of functional and performance related defects
- A passion for learning new technologies and innovation
- Networking familiarity – e.g., can describe HTTP protocol, TCP/IP
- Experience of Hadoop or distributed computation
- Experience of Big Data
- Able to write scripts using Python or Bash
- Experience of automation/configuration management (i.e. Ansible)
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Our Linux Engineers are a key part of the Operations Team and are responsible for the development, maintenance and administration of the platform. Excellent Linux skills and a passion for technology are essential. This role is operationally focussed, extremely interesting and offers exceptional personal and professional development for anyone wanting to expand their skill set.
Be part of something exciting. Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world who will give you a direct stake in its success? Come and join us a Linux Engineer.
We have an exciting opportunity for Linux Engineers to join our diverse team of technical professionals delivering an innovative big data capability for the MOD. We believe in agility and are continually evolving our platform to provide our client with timely operational insights from their data.
Build your career with us:
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, we are at the centre of this change — supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
Our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.