Salary: Up to £35,000 (based on previous experience)
Location: West Hampstead, London, NW6
Our client is a privately-owned, boutique, family property investment company with over 30 years’ experience in all aspects of Real Estate. Their property portfolio is primarily located within the Central London & outer London areas, with a diverse selection of both commercial and residential properties. Based in the vibrant & energetic area of West Hampstead, London, NW6 surrounded by shops, restaurants, cafes and a popular train station interchange with access to many transport links.
The Lettings Manager position will be responsible for the operational day to day management, compliance and performance of the residential lettings side of the business.
- To let properties, minimise void loss and maximise returns.
- To provide an excellent customer-focused professional management service to tenants, ensuring all legal landlord/freeholder obligations are met, ensuring all relevant fees, charges, notices and rents are issued in a timely manner and addressing as required any queries in relation to these
- To ensure the correct systems, record keeping and statistical management information are in place and kept to date.
- To manage, control and measure voids, income, arrears, fees, outputs and quality of the letting’s portfolio
- To negotiate rents and property transactions on our portfolio ensuring rents are maximised, voids are minimised and that the transactions represent the best strategy
- To assist with the collection of all rents, and other property charges and recovery process, ensuring this is effective and efficient.
- To be responsible for the correct and accurate management of all service charge, rent and deposit accounts
- To advise and implement lease and tenancy terms, statutory and compliance measures and to the management of the portfolio
- To provide specialist advice and guidance to residents on matters relating to market and intermediate market rent, including but not limited to: lettings, renewals, tenancy extensions, deposits, dilapidations, surrender and refurbishments
- To manage the use of contractors and managing and marketing agents
- To proactively liaise with the tenant to ascertain their views on services
- To research and keep up to date with lettings, legal matters and best practice
- To have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation
- To ensure that regular estate and property inspections are carried out
- To complete success sheets and process tenant applications
- To qualify tenants according to the companies policy and in particular in accordance with the information required for completion of tenant and landlord forms
- To ensure all signups are dealt with efficiently and explanations are provided to tenants where necessary
- Responsible for tenancies, tenancy renewals, rent increases, tenant rental appeals and block management
- Adhering to strict property legislation such as Section 13’s, Section 21’s, Section 45’s and Sections 8’s and ensuring
- Liaising with both solicitors and bailiffs in respect to tenant’s evictions dates etc.
- Previous experience of Lettings Management is essential
- Computer literate, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- To have a good working knowledge of the legislation (even where complex) relevant to the role including Landlord & Tenant legislation and also relevant regulations and contracts including compliance
- Ideally educated to a degree level education
- Ability to present at all levels
- Previous supervisory or management experience is essential
- Related Lettings / Property Management Qualification is preferred
- Ambitious, dynamic and motivated