- Previous experience as a PA / Legal Secretary within a Commercial Litigation Department. Ideally experience of working with cases involving insolvency and property litigation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Ability to take on billing responsibilities and basic credit control.
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to build a good rapport with clients, Counsel and other contacts.
- Flexibility for overtime.
- Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access).
- Oyez / Laser Forms.
- Advanced track change features in Word or other document comparison packages.
- General Accounts, Solicitor’s Accounts Rules and Money Laundering Procedures.
Previous knowledge and experience of general legal secretarial duties.
- Responsibility for diary management and liaison with clients and staff as instructed.
- Ability to draft simple correspondence unsupervised.
- Knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules and court forms.
- Confidence and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a good rapport with all the members of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a good rapport with all clients.
- Team player able to fit into a friendly but busy team and undertake work for all the members of the team when required.
- Excellent organisational ability with a friendly but professional attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Confidently produce legal documents and correspondence as provided by Solicitors.
- Confidently manage accounts and money laundering duties associated with client files.
- Ability to respect confidentiality of work carried out by Principals.