This role is to provide professional legal and administrative support to fee-earners as appropriate to enhance internal and external client focus.
Supporting fees earners through taking messages, checking voicemails, scheduling all key dates in the case management system and organise instructions. You will be liaising with clients, taking instructions, dealing with queries and arranging appointments. Other duties will include file management and providing administrative support which will include collation of trial bundles, chasing relevant parties for key information, supporting fee earners with time recording and ensuring all files are opened and closed correctly.
Skills and Experience:
- Some legal knowledge to graduate level may be an advantage, but is not essential
- A willingness to learn and undertake training
- Ability to work under pressure, and to deadlines
- Good planning and prioritisation of work, highly organised, efficient, proactive.
- IT Literate - ability to work fully within Peppermint would be an advantage
- A careful approach to work and good attention to detail
- A willingness to take responsibility for client work
- Excellent team playing skills
- Fast and accurate typing
- Flexible approach, working with other members of the team when necessary
- Ability to follow procedures within a set timescales and to meet internal and external deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good time-recording and financial skills
- A willingness to take responsibility for client work and a strong client focus
- A flexible approach to fulfilling client requirements
- Ability to carry out legal research