**OUR CLIENT HAS ASKED NOT TO DISPLAY SALARIES ON ANY JOB BOARDS**
Our client based in Towcester is looking for a full time Lead Software Engineer to join their team. The primary role will be developing, implementing and validating embedded software components such as firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages and I/O fabric frameworks.
Duties include (list not exhaustive):-
- Produce firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages (BSPs) and associated software components for use with VxWorks.
- Develop key expertise and drive best practice within the VxWorks development team.
- Communicate development status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with engineering procedures
- Produce draft customer documentation for processing and deployment by Tech Publications group
- Perform software migration to support new versions of the VxWorks OS.
- Participate in continuous improvement of Software Development Processes
- Perform customer support and issue resolution resulting in the production of maintenance releases.
- Engage in all aspects of the Agile process as part of the vxWorks development team
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related discipline and a strong understanding of modern Real-Time Operating Systems. Strong Real-Time Embedded Softwar Skills and strong understanding of C as well as Linux kernel and driver development is also required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that delivers high performance rugged embedded computing solutions, based on industry standards and open architectures, to mission-critical applications in defence, aerospace and industry around the world.