|Job Title:||Lead Power Electronics Engineer|
|Salary:||50000 - 70000|
|Contact Name:||Gavin Avis|
|Job Published:||30 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailemail@example.com|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||0116 464 5242|
|Member Contact||Gavin Avis|
|Contact Phone Number||0116 464 5242|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Power Electronics Engineer (Senior.) Our client is a small high-tech engineering company delivering world leading high speed electric motors and drives for automotive air compressors used in hydrogen fuel cell, ICE downsizing and other varied applications. To support expansion plans and increased commercial activity the company is looking to recruit an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic power electronics engineer to join its busy engineering team to play a key part in ensuring future success within a fast-moving industry.
Senior Power Electronics Engineer - The Role:
The position will focus on the design, build and test of power electronics systems for high speed automotive motor applications, reporting to the Senior Electrical Engineer and working within the multi-disciplinary engineering team to:-
- Generate designs based on technical specifications for high speed motor drives.
- Design and simulate power electronics, gate drive and control circuits including physical layout.
- Assist in building and testing of prototype power electronics and control systems.
- Provide technical liaison and support for customers worldwide.
- Participate in and lead the creation of functional specifications, DVP, FMEA, test procedures.
- Manage customer-driven and internal projects.
- Assist with design and verification of embedded control software.
- Work with mechanical engineers to integrate electronics in to products including thermal design.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in functionality and manufacture.
Senior Power Electronics Engineer - Skills, Experience:
- Extensive experience of power electronics design, at least 5 years, preferably 10.
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Experience of working within an automotive environment on new product designs.
- Knowledge of automotive standards and working practices (e.g. ISO16750).
- PCB circuit design and optimisation (performance and cost).
Hours: Days (40hours per week) Monday - Friday.