Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £50,000-£80,000 per annum DOE
***A relocation package will be considered for eligible candidates***
As my clients lead embedded software engineer, you will engage across the business to conceive and design innovative products. You will be responsible to drive key aspects of product definition, design, optimisation, implementation, and testing. They are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible, has great eye for detail and be happy working in an open collaborative business environment.
You will be leading the software and firmware development, including:
- Use your advanced software development expertise to lead the team to develop better software practices and principles.
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug embedded software systems.
- Work with requirements and prototypes across all departments.
- Collaborate and lead the Software Engineers to integrate embedded systems.
- A wealth of experience building embedded software.
- Embedded C/C++ experience.
- Strong experience in embedded system programming:
- RTOS / Linux
- BSP and device drivers development and debugging.
- Embedded controllers’ development, including component datasheet reading, embedded programming and code writing, hardware and software debugging.
- Real-time constraints and hardware interfaces
- SPI, UART, I2C, USB, ETH and MQTT, Ethernet
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including:
- Requirements gathering
- Software design
- Source control management
- Build processes
- Code reviews
- Testing methods
- Educated to degree level in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Developing modems, QoS, IP switching, integration with different configurable HW
- Networking and/or wireless, TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Experience with development embedded web application JS/HTML/CSS is an advantage.
- Team management or supervisory experience.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***