eporting to the Engineering Manager, you will provide technical contributions and team leadership to develop complete products. You shall have good technical expertise in either electronic, digital, analogue/RF or a software background in embedded systems C/C++ and have a desire to create leading edge products.
You will be able to demonstrate an ability to work with people with various skill sets and focus on the prioritised activities and ensure your team is contributing to the project deliverables. You will have worked with suppliers and manufacturing teams to ensure your product makes a smooth transition into volume production and have experienced the full product development and manufacturing introduction life cycle for certified products. You will have a university degree relevant to your engineering discipline and have good experience years in a product development role.
Knowledge of aircraft systems and equipment interfaces is an advantage as is an interest in aviation. Knowledge and experience of certification of products and ensuring manufacturability is also an advantage.
Essential skills and experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience of digital and analogue design techniques
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Embedded software, C/C++/Microcontrollers
- Experience in leading a project
- Electronic/software design responsibility for a product that has gone into volume production
- Experience of the whole product life cycle from requirements capture through implementation to validation
Other skills relevant to this role
- DSP architectures for mixed signal applications
- Embedded real time systems
- Embedded software design
- FPGA design (VHDL or Verilog)
- Power supply design
- Avionics systems knowledge
- External contractor management
- Development processes (e.g. DO-254 and DO-178B)
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline and have several years industry experience in a similar environment.