- Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and learning objectives.
- · Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- · Account for the differing ability levels of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- · Be sensitive to the language and cultural challenges students may face.
- · Check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
- · Encourage all students to become independent learners and be actively engaged in their own learning.
- · Safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- · Ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- · Keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- · Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom.
- · Attend the Academic Department meetings.
- · Contribute positively to the efficient running of the Department, including setting and marking examinations, attending departmental meetings, and undertaking administrative and other tasks as delegated by the Director.
- · Enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Department through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation and collaborative teaching.
- · Assist with training subject tutors on methodology for teaching students.
- · Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning.
- · Keep work areas tidy and well organised.
Enhanced DBS check (including photo ID check)
· Confirmation of right to work in the UK
Expected start date: 13/09/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- QTS (Preferred)
- NQT (Preferred)