- Are you an experienced Laboratory Manager within a food environment?
- Are you a strong leader and a great communicator?
If so, we’d love to hear from you as my client based on the Kent / London border is looking to recruit a Laboratory Manager to join their chilled food manufacturing business.
You will be the company expert and go to, in ensuring all sampling and analysis is carried out to schedule and within budget whilst managing a small and independent team. You will be responsible for the Quality Management System ensuring it is up to date as well as accurate and robust, and communicate across the wider business new policies as well as revised & improved ones. Health & Safety will always be at the core of the team whilst promoting a safe working environment. You will be responsible for driving projects and innovation, whilst dealing with internal and external customers.
The Successful Candidate:
- BSc in microbiology, biological sciences or relevant science discipline.
- Previous experience within a microbiological environment within the food industry.
- A proven track record in managing a laboratory.
- A solid understanding of ISSO 17025 and ISO 14001.
- Strong analytical skills are a given but you must have the ability to identify and act upon issues and trends.
- Strong leadership skills are essential.
- An auditing qualification is an advantage but not essential.
Salary: £40,000 plus benefits
Job Reference: JR11137