Job Title-Junior Software Installations Consultant
Client- Leading Software Development company
Role type- Permanent, Full time
Salary- £20-£30K (depending on experience)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, bright technical graduate or similar who is wanting to expand their technical and customer service skills to fill the role of Junior Software Installations Consultant. Working within our Local Government Delivery team, the successful candidate will be providing installation, upgrade and data migration services for our products from our Oxford based office.
This is a customer focused role which is both, technical and administrative, requiring a good knowledge (or willingness to become proficient in) Microsoft SQL server administration as well as good communication (phone and email), organisational and planning skills.
You will be working as part of a team of dedicated, expert individuals and will receive thorough training for the role and have regular catch ups with the Team Lead to ensure you are meeting your goals.
What the role involves:
- Coordinating and scheduling upgrades and installations with internal and external stakeholders
- Performing installations, upgrades and migrations of software products on customer environments (via VPN and Remote Desktop)
- Maintaining and updating documentation on internal and external processes for all customer sites and contacts
- Migrating customer data
- Handling occasional support requests
- Liaising with Project Managers during Implementation Projects
- There will be occasional out of hours work (approx. once a month) which will be compensated.
The following 2 or more would be highly desirable:
- Microsoft SQL server experience
- Customer service or support desk experience
- Degree in relevant subject
- Data migration experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft web server technology and IIS