|Job Title:||Junior Java Developer|
|Salary:||25000 - 30000|
|Contact Name:||Craig Roberts|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailemail@example.com|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||01249 476477|
|Member Contact||Tania Whitmarsh - Head Of Recruitment|
|Contact Phone Number||01249 746448 / 07896 334634|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
IBP Recruitment are looking for a Junior Java Developer to join an expanding software development company that specialises in writing bespoke large-scale web-based enterprise solutions and products, but also work with start-ups to help turn their vision into reality with responsive Web based applications or native android and IOS Apps.
You will join a small but highly skilled and dynamic team, working with cutting edge technologies.
This is a fast-paced environment and our client is looking for a hands-on developer who is eager to jump in, think big, and help bring ideas to life. You must have a can-do attitude and be ready to embrace challenges.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with a team lead to understand the business requirements.
- Attending daily stand ups with the team members.
- Supporting live products under the appropriate guidance of the team leader.
- Understand the currently used technologies and stack as part of this support activity.
- Handle change requests and bug investigation work with help if required.
- Understand the required schedule and coordinate with the development team lead and QA to deliver to schedule.
- Work with the web designer in order to understand the expected user interaction and design the back-end service layer and the associated interface in accordance with that.
- Evaluate external plugins, if appropriate to minimise development time for new features.
- Unit testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live. This will involve working closely with the QA team
- As the experience develops the candidate can start working at a higher level in terms of reviewing current systems - Presenting ideas for system improvements, including effort estimates.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Write "clean", well designed code
- Produce detailed documentation where appropriate
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Technical Requirements - Must Haves:
2 years of development experience with a minimum of one year relevant to the technologies listed below.
- Java, Spring, Struts 2 and hibernate.
- Exposure to MySQL/Oracle or an alternative RDBMS
- Exposure to NoSQL databases
Technical Requirements - Highly Advantageous:
- Exposure to Junit
- Exposure to Tomcat, Apache/Nginx
- Be comfortable working within Unix/Linux environment
- Exposure to Ansible or other Infrastructure as code option
- Exposure to Docker and spring cloud
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.