• mid to high range developers with java experience - essential
• UX experience - desirable
• agile delivery experience - desirable
Be part of something exciting. We are one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world, and we’re currently growing our digital team of agile specialists, building and delivering user centred services and solutions in partnership with our clients based in across the UK.
We are growing our digital team of agile service design specialists to build and deliver user centred services and solutions in partnership with our clients across England and Wales. We need Java developers at all levels, with a keen eye for the latest technological trends and open source technologies to help us build our digital hubs in Reading/London, Wales and Birmingham.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Java developer with us you will undertake development activities in TDD, BDD and Scrum, or other Agile practices. You will be responsible for coding, building, testing and maintenance of software systems, and subject to experience coaching other more junior developers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
You’ll need to have commercial Java development experience ideally with experience of modern source code management approaches and software development using open source technologies. A key element for these roles, being in an agile environment working closely with our clients, will be your communication skills you need to be technically sound but also be able to convey your knowledge and expertise to clients internally and externally. We encourage all our team to look to up skill their knowledge through both internal and external training. In terms of specific languages you should have commercial experience in some or all of the following;
• Java 7 / 8
Any knowledge/experience of the following would also be advantageous but is not essential;
• Front End UI experience
• Experience of SOA, middleware and microservices
• Experience of application servers and/or serverless technologies
• Experience of Big Data analytics and infrastructure
• Experience of development and deployment in a cloud containerised environment
• Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery
• Participation in an Open Source community project
• Advanced knowledge of Spring framework