Job Title: IT Support Technician – 2nd Line
must have worked for a MSP (managed servcie provider) supporting multiple customers
Based at: Primarily at Office with some visits to customer sites
Job purpose: To provide support for customers for their computing environments including configuration, security, capacity and availability including monitoring to allow for a reliable, secure and efficient system that meets the requirements of their SLA.
Reporting to: Service Desk Manager
Why does the role exist?
To continually improve the level of support to our customers
- Be the “part-time IT manager” for a set of around 15 assigned customers, resolving their IT support issues promptly in a professional, friendly manner, by e-mail, telephone, remote access and customer site visits as necessary
- Proactively identify improvements to your assigned customer’s systems as appropriate to minimise the support requirements for that company, and to help the business objectives of that customer
- Carry out day to day support for other customers via remote access, telephone support, and on site as necessary to ensure all customers are supported as part of a team environment
- Perform scheduled site visits to your assigned customers to proactively manage the customer IT environment and progress tickets
- You will be expected to continue with your own personal training in both Microsoft and specific hardware or software to develop your career
- Work as part of a team.
- Be an excellent communicator both to our customers and to your manager and colleagues.
- Making sure that all support tickets for your customers are completed successfully, in a timely manner
- Making sure all calls allocated to you on a daily basis are completed and all parties involved are kept up to date with your progress.
- Review and update your tickets on a regular basis.
- Offer peer support to your colleagues if required.
- Ability to manage your time and prioritise your activities
- Ensuring documentation regarding your allocated customers in our internal systems such as Connectwise and Kaseya are updated as necessary to maintain correct knowledge.
- Reliable – do what you say you’ll do
- A proven great communicator
- Be Proactive – make suggestions and implement improvements to internal and customer systems
- Be technically inspiring – understand and love technology, and how it can improve the work of our customers and their users
- Willingness to learn new skills,
- Microsoft Windows Client OS’s
- Microsoft Server admin experience
- Active Directory Admin experience
- Hyper-V & Failover Clustering Admin experience
- Exchange Server Admin experience
- Remote Desktop Server experience
- Office 365 experience
- Mobile Phone & Tablet configuration experience
- Wired and Wireless Networking & Firewall Configuration experience
- Apple Mac experience
- 2FA experience
We are a local IT support business providing a managed service of IT support to a growing customer base. Currently we are looking for a dynamic, motivated and focused individual to join our technical team.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned 2nd line capable technician who has breath of experience which means they will be effective at supporting our customers either remotely or onsite. While working on our customer’s systems they will be able to scope the resolution of a service call to the “long-term” solution while identifying potential areas for service improvement.
As a great communicator you will be able to support and interactive with users of all technical capabilities.
You will have a customer focused attitude along with the ability to prioritise your work load along with your manager’s involvement.
You will have worked within a similar role for at least 1-2 years and will have a proven track record in a helpdesk environment.
You will be looking for your next challenging career choice and will be looking to get your teeth into a new challenge.
You are able to work calmly under pressure.
You become very involved with the team and will join our weekly team meeting.
Holiday entitlement is 20 days per year plus bank holidays. We also give our staff the day off for their birthday as well as
Tea/Coffee, Milk and squash is provided by the company
Working hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 – 5:00 with 1 hour for lunch. Additional time may be required from the business and this would be covered within the successful candidate’s salary
Explanation of system setup
use two main systems for the smooth running of their business: -
Connectwise is our managed helpdesk application where all calls are logged and dealt with. The package is capable of CRM, Sales, Accounting, Time and Project management and we are constantly adding to the system to make our lives easier
Kaseya is our managed remote monitoring system where we are able to monitor our client’s systems remotely. It also generates reports and has the ability to inventory our client’s systems. The main component of Kaseya is the scripting system that allows us to run scripts on client’s systems remotely to fix issues and capture information