Our Global client with five offices in the UK is looking for a new IT Support Specialist will join the organization in the UK and will report to the Forwarding IT Director at the headquarters abroad. The specialist will be part of the IT Team which is currently a team of 4 to 6 people based abroad. The team’s primary focus is on supporting end users in their use of the ERP application (and workstation support. For various network, server and other issues there is also a link to the Corporate IT team. The right candidate will be passionate about IT as well as being flexible, positive and enthusiastic. She/he will have a general interest in computers and technology and will be flexible enough to work in a dynamic environment where requirements vary greatly which is reflected in employee responsibilities and activities.
Our ideal candidate has one to three years of relevant work experience. She/he is passionate about IT and what IT can do for the business. The candidate is eager to learn, willing to invest time in learning new things and has a pro-active, business orientated, can do mentality. We are looking for someone with a lot of potential.
- Tech Savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business building digital and technology applications.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Self-development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Proven interest in IT / Technology
- An energetic, “can do” approach
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to meet deadlines
- A flexible attitude to work including outside of office hours, not a “9-to-5” mentality
- Willingness to travel between our UK offices if and when required
Role, Responsibilities and Contribution:
- Resolving IT incidents for local and remote employees
- Ordering, configuring and maintaining workstations following company standards
- Maintenance of Windows Servers (e.g. Hyper-V, Active directory, domains, DNS, DHCP etc.)
- Performing administrative activities in our ERP and provide support on the application
- Builds IT roadmap for the country and follows it up through till completion, including customer projects
- Manages IT inventory, mobile and fix telephony, local servers, PDAs, PCs, network equipment
- Ensures that users are well supported by the global outsourcer and escalates when needed
- Identifies risks and opportunities in his area of responsibility
- Will actively contribute to making the company a Great Place to Work through best practice sharing, open communication with the team and bringing new ideas to the table.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- You must take responsibility for your own safety
- Apply and enforce Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental regulations and processes on a day to day basis
- Make sure where you work is safe and hazard free
- Report ALL accidents and near misses to your Line Manager, however insignificant they may seem
- You have a legal responsibility to work with Management to identify hazards and reduce risk as much as possible in the work place