IT Presales Consultant – Nottinghamshire - £35000 - £50000
Our client, a worldwide leader in IT and Communications products and solutions have an exciting opportunity to join their sales team based in Nottinghamshire. They have an immediate requirement for an experienced IT Presales Consultant to join their business. The focus of this role is to provide field based professional technical support to the sales team with a focus on the UK market.
IT Presales Consultant – Key Responsibilities:
- Deliver professional technical presales services to customers by supporting sales partners to mount and sell IT and Communications solutions.
- Taking on a consultancy approach to assist customers with running these solutions in an optimized way. This will include, but not exhaustive of architecture design, implementation management and move in the production of our clients IT Solutions: servers, storage, IT and networks virtualization, management and monitoring tools.
- Deliver specialist training to partners & customers.
- Have the scope to deliver professional services in EMEA mainly in the UK & Ireland.
- Build technological skills to develop solutions and consultancy based on new products and assist with business development of these sectors.
- Project management activity; resources and budget steering. Create and manage a transversal project team.
- Answer to RFQ & formal report writing including gap analysis and recommendations.
The Ideal IT Presales Consultant:
- Knowledge and experience of industry standard technologies, including but not limited to; Windows Server, Linux, SAN, Clustering and Virtualisation
- Experience of Servers, Storage Hardware, LAN/WAN infrastructure, Cluster / HA, SAP, Oracle and VDI Solutions
- Knowledge of network functions virtualisation
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Experience of cloud computing (Laas – Openstack) and big data processing for datacentre management (Hadoop)
- Basic knowledge of unified communication equipment
- Fluency in Dutch or French would be advantageous
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Presales Consultant to join a world leader in IT and Communications solutions. In return for meeting the above criteria the successful candidate will be rewarded with a salary of between £35000 to £50000 + bonus + benefits.
This role will require frequent national travel