An extraordinary opportunity has arisen for an IT Infrastructure Project Manager to join and global and highly reputable engineering firm. My client are looking for a vastly experienced technical specialist to join the IT department, reporting into the Director of information systems, who specialises in the running of a number of different software’s mentioned below. In return my client is offering a very competitive package paying circa £40,000-£45,000 per annum, with a benefits package including a car, a pension and training and development.
The Main responsibilities you will be required to perform as IT Infrastructure Project Manager are;
· To maintain and develop the company’s Information Technology systems to optimise business performance, these systems include but are not limited to :
- Microsoft Exchange clustered environment (install and configuration)
- Hyper V Clusters across various sites (install and configuration)
- Network configuration (LAN/VLAN)
- SQL Cluster Management
- Project Management implementations as required
· You will be responsible for systems related work as part of the Shared Services IT function; as such you will need to be available for some level of out of hours work.
· This role is based out of the office in Derby and this must be a commutable distance for a normal working day (8am to 5pm).
· There will be a level of work required at other locations both UK and potentially overseas so flexibility required to accommodate travel.
· To develop policies and procedures which safeguard the integrity of company systems in line with guidelines as advised by Shared Services Personnel.
· You will be responsible for implementing IT policies and procedures across the business in conjunction with the Site Management team
A successful candidate will possess the following technical skills;
- at least 8 years’ experience with Microsoft Exchange up to version 2013 in a multi-site clustered Environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Netapp filers including configuration, LUN creation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with Windows Server up to Server 2012
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and associated scheme
- Fully conversant with SQL Server and Hyper-V, including the configuration and management of servers in a virtual clustered environment
- Project management and engineering background
This vacancy is based in Derbyshire and is easily commutable from Nottingham, Ashbourne, Swadlincote, Burton-on-Trent, Loughborough and Uttoxeter.
If you are an IT Infrastructure Project Manager and possess excellent communication skills and have a knack for problem solving, along with the afore mentioned skills within a project management environment then please apply for the vacancy immediately. My client are offering circa £40,000 - £45,000 per annum per annum, with a benefits package including a car, a pension and training and development.