Job Title - IOT Technical specialist
For the successful IOT Technical specialist our client is offering:
- 25k Per annum
- Pensions available. In line with auto enrolment guidelines
- Gym on site
- On-site relaxation room
- On-site games room
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Annual attendance bonus via vouchers
- Regular company social occasions
- Going for Times Top 100
The role - IOT Technical specialist:
- An exciting new opportunity to join a leading business in its field, involved at the forefront of technology. The successful applicant will be trained to play an active part in the provision of technical support to internal and external customers.
- Our client is looking for someone to join their growing Technical/IT Support team. The role will be split between providing day to day IoT asset operations management and monitoring and coordinating asset deployments with engineers on the ground as well as providing first line support to users.
Duties IOT Technical Specialist
- Be the primary point of contact for customers with technical questions.
- Develop an excellent understanding of our IoT platform, products, and the benefits they offer.
- Monitor existing deployed assets using our cloud systems.
- Monitor our data infrastructure which provides internet connectivity to all our deployed assets.
- Coordinate deployments with onsite technical teams and provide real-time support.
- Verify asset connectivity during deployments and assist with troubleshooting.
Responsibilities IOT Technical Specialist
- Develop a strong understanding of legislative frameworks that impact on the markets that our client serves
- Record, analyse and communicate data at the appropriate level using the organisation?s standard tools and processes to all stakeholders within the responsibility of the job role
- Work with colleagues across all departments in providing first class service to all stakeholders
- Take an active role in the growth of the team, updating our tools and processes as required.
- Produce regular reports on the state of connected assets.
- Work closely with the backend software development team to keep updated on system status.
- Assist in training both stakeholders and customers on products/services
What our client is looking for in an IOT Technical specialist
- Experience working with help desk software.
- Highly computer literate, you should feel comfortable diagnosing and resolving complex IT issues.
- A knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, SSL, HTTP).
- Comfortable working with a command line interface (CLI).
- Knowledge of clouding computing (aws, azure, gcp etc).
- The ability to understand complex data, data visualisations and to extract meaning from such.
- Experience of working on a WiFi related product.
- Experience working with the Linux operating system.
- Ability to debug web applications using developer tools.
- Knowledge of SQL