Position: HR Business Partner
Location: Wallingford (OX10)
Salary: £38,800 per annum
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 Hours)
Experience: HR, CIPD, Employment Law, Scientific, Human Resources, Recruitment, Legal
A world-class research organisation are seeking an HR Business Partner to join their team in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. Comprising a support team of three, you will join an organisation that pride themselves on professional development and expert knowledge within the field of land, ecosystems and their interaction with the atmosphere.
These guys play a vital role in our understanding of the world we live in, particularly in the case of early warnings in a bid to adapt, plan and change to combat problems. Such is the landscape (no pun intended!) of this Scientific organisation, IT support is a necessary component to ensure the smooth workings of the organisation across a number of departments.
Funded by the Government and income from competitive tenders, more than 300 scientists work at four locations in the UK, dedicated to furthering knowledge and understanding across a broad range of environmental science. They have a current annual budget of £35 million.
You will play a key role in the HR function of this organisation in respect of strategic and operational expertise to ensure the delivery of people strategies. The role of HR Business Partner is primarily to develop, manage, co-ordinate and deliver a high quality HR service across the organisation through pro-active leadership of the HR team based at Wallingford, ensuring compliance with legal framework and best practice aspirations.
We are therefore keen to speak with applicants with a sound knowledge of Human Resources, a sound grasp of management, best practise and strategic and operational expertise. If this sounds like your bag, we would love to hear from you!
A world-class research organisation focusing on land and freshwater ecosystems and their interaction with the atmosphere are recruiting.
These guys integrate UK-wide observation systems and curiosity driven research, from the smallest scale of genetic diversity to large-scale, whole-Earth systems. They work across disciplines and facilitate academic, public, private and voluntary sector partnerships. Their extensive, long-term monitoring, analysis and modelling deliver UK and global environmental data, providing early warnings of change and management solutions for our land and freshwaters.
- A post-graduate professional qualification in HR management eg CIPD (or equivalent experience)
- Evidence of continuing professional development and up to date knowledge of changes in UK employment law and best practice
- Able to demonstrate understanding of best principle and practice
- Able to deliver a responsible and systematic approach to decision making and able to consider the impact of decisions on individuals and the wider environment
- Ideally experience and a genuine interest within a scientific/environmental capacity (not essential)
- Communicates fluently and persuasively in all media taking into consideration the message and audience concerned
- Able to provide management information to support organisational decisions and stakeholder requirements with appropriate data and analysis
- Can communicate clearly, sensitively and professionally to individuals and groups on HR matters
- Relevant experience and proven ability leading an HR team and managing operational/transactional HR delivery in a similar sized organisation
- Proven ability of successfully managing direct reports
- Successfully delivered an in-house recruitment service for roles at all levels
- Proven ability to manage sensitive staff discussions including managed exits
- Ability to operate in an HR role within an academic, professional or scientific environment – shows an understanding of the culture
- Proven skills in writing papers or reports making recommendations to senior management
- Proven skills in carrying out investigation and casework
- Good knowledge of Data Protection legislation
- Willingness to travel to CEH’s other UK sites
Thompson & Terry Ltd is a recruitment consultancy specialised in the sourcing of Sales & Marketing professionals within Oxfordshire. No terminology used in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, age or sex.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to a high volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time.