JOB PROFILE Mechanic
Job Title Mechanic Reporting to Workshop Foreman / Workshop Manager
Summary of the role's main purpose
To achieve high productivity and quality within ICME time repair environment, whilst adhering to Company strategy and procedures. To provide a safe working environment, and the provision of a well maintained internal vehicle fleet.
1. To ensure all service and inspection documentation is correctly completed.
2. Management of individual workload and job assignment.
3. Accurate completion of job sheets and quantification of time.
4. Use of workshop equipment in a correct manner.
5. Contribute towards effective “preventative maintenance”.
6. Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
7. Correctly record the use of parts.
8. Supply own tools as specified from the Company.
9. Complete all work to a “right first time standard”.
10. Prepare and submit vehicles to a standard appropriate for the issuing of an annual test certificate.
11. Communicate accurately with Foreman / Manager as to Work in Progress and any anticipated delays or issues.
12. Ensure that knowledge is in line with modern technologies and developments applicable to the role.
13. Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
14. Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Measures of Success
* Achievement of expectations in line with the procedures.
* High “first time fix” rates.
* Achievement of 100% Vehicle Inspections.
* Measured Productivity, Quality and Efficiency.
* Customer Satisfaction Index.
* Record of ongoing personal development.
Resources Available to the Job-Holder
* Workshop facility.
* Relevant in-house training.
Level of Decision-Making Authority
POWERS DEVOLVED: Decisions the jobholder can take.
* Technical recommendations.