A growing business in Orpington is looking for a qualified and experienced Health & Safety Director to join their team.
You will be responsible for leading a mixed group of consultants in various sectors and H&S disciplines. The team currently provides advice to clients internally, supporting the company and externally to various established clients. Predominately working with property and construction organisations, with a heavy bias on delivering CDM services at this time.
You will also be responsible for the commercial management and progression of the business, whilst leading a proactive and established team across the company’s offices. For doing this, you will receive a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, depending on the length of service from 24 days holidays.
As Health & Safety Director, your daily duties will include:
- Day to day management of the Group and assistance to the business.
- Preparation and review of fee tenders and opportunity.
- Agreeing Conditions of Engagement and fees with Clients, including ensuring fee proposals are sent to Clients as soon as possible.
- Reviewing with group members fee plans and forecasts and updating fee plans.
- Providing consultancy and in-house advice on all aspects of CDM/construction H&S.
- Preparing and developing Client deliverables e.g. management systems, procedures, training.
- Delivering elements of the service offering as necessary.
To be the successful Health & Safety Director, you will have the following skills and experiences:
- Be conscientious, enthusiastic, well organised and confident.
- Encouraging to others and strong attention to detail.
- A full understanding of H&S Management systems in line with OSHAS 18001 (ISO 45001) as a minimum requirement.
- A comprehensive understanding of CDM 2015 and other pertinent H&S legislation.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to demonstrate the previous management of a team.
- The ability to be able to manage a team of H&S practitioners.
In return, the Health & Safety Director will receive a salary of £80,000 - £100,000 per year.