** Ideally if they are based somewhere in the South but will be home based **
This Support services and construction company operating throughout the UK & internationally have a new requirement for a QSHE Advisor to support the Central Government and Defence Business Unit across the United Kingdom. This role reports to the Head of QSHE Central Government and Defence.
- To support the Head of QSHE for the Central Government and Defence BU to deliver one QSHE Strategy for the BU contracts in order to deliver to objectives and targets set by their Support Services.
- To understand the needs and demands of their BU contracts, and provide professional support and advice to the operational management which they are assigned to support on QSHE matters.
- Identify and foster sound working relationships with key client personnel, understand their requirements and share the knowledge across all contracts as appropriate.
- Coordinate (and lead where the significance requires) the investigation and escalation of all incidents, and client issues.
- Maintain personal skills and competences, keeping up to date with legal requirements and best practice.
- Undertake programmed visits, including audits and inspections of operational sites as per QSHE support plans
- Assist in the analysis of QSHE performance and input to quality improvement initiatives
- Provide assistance in the achievement of Company targets and objectives.
- To champion the company's Vision 2020 initiative.
- Advise the Contract Senior Management on their respective duties and responsibilities with regards to QSHE.
- Review the implementation of the company integrated management system / procedures and amend / improve as required.
- Develop a monthly report and up-date on QSHE performance, to include company targets and objectives for the Head of QSHE for the CG & D BU.
- Ensure the company’s integrated management system and procedures are strictly adhered to throughout the Contract in conjunction with the Defence Business Unit Business Process Manager.
- Support and co-ordination as required of Contract QSHE training and maintenance of suppliers as required.
- Development of Contract accident / incident reporting process and training of regional/contract teams to allow transition/handover to area focal points.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
Knowledge skills & experience
- A quality management course
- Affiliation to a professional body for quality such as CQI
Health & Safety:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- Tech IOSH working towards Grad IOSH accreditation or similar
- IEMA General Certificate or similar
- Affiliation to a professional body such as IEMA
- A training qualification such as the 3 day CIEH Professional Trainer course
- An auditing qualification