The Head of QA has a central position within the Business, and in this role needs to be able to lead the Company's QA practice for products and services developments in a global domain. The Head of QA will work with many different stakeholders and their teams (including product owners) in order to improve and build quality into the entire software development lifecycle.
This role is part of a global team, so you will interact with other staff members in various parts of North America, Asia, and Europe.The successful applicant manage five QA team leads directly.
Drawing on industry-wide best practice, and broad-ranging, deep technical knowledge, the Head of QA is responsible for defining and delivering the overall QA Test Strategy and all test efforts required for delivering high-quality software systems as well as extending existing ones. This role ensures that all endeavours are robust from a QA perspective and correctly estimated.
To be successful, this individual needs to be enthusiastic, passionate and self-motivated, capable of learning quickly and reacting to a world of ever evolving technologies. Most importantly, you have extensive hands-on experience with: QA test automation, performance testing, introducing test frameworks. Preferably you have experience with the implementation of a test management suite that integrates with Jira.
The ideal candidate has 8+ years experience with test automation, in particular in conjunction with AWS / Google cloud and test grids. You have 5+ years experience managing QA teams, preferably in a global setting.
- Implement and manage the organisation’s overall test strategy and vision. This includes AWS / Google cloud based test automation and performance testing
- Implement and manage test automation frameworks, like the Java quickstart project, Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver
- Implement and manage QA cloud-based test grids
- Implement and managing quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Implement and manage the QA competency framework
- Line manage approximately five QA team Leads, this includes performance management
- Provide leadership regarding Epic and User Story estimations, prioritisations, planning and coordination of corresponding testing activities
- Implement and manage performance and load testing frameworks and tools
- Identify, record, document all QA process thoroughly
- Liaise with architects, developers and the product design team to identify system requirements
- Review strategic roadmap specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Manage the QA continuous improvement process
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- B.Sc. in any of the STEM fields or equivalent demonstrable work experience
- Eight+ years experience with test automation, in particular in conjunction with AWS / Google cloud and test grids.
- Five+ years experience with managing multiple QA teams simultaneously
- Demonstrable experience with developing an overall QA strategy
- Demonstrable knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Demonstrable experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Five+ years experience with a combination of automation test frameworks and management tools
- Demonstrable experience with test frameworks,
- Demonstrable experience with test grid solutions
- Demonstrable experience with any test management suite
- Demonstrable knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Demonstrable experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Demonstrable experience with security testing is a plus
- Demonstrable experience with supporting ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 27001:2013" documentation process is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal