Head of Design. Our Global Automotive client are looking for a Head of Design to join their team on a contractual basis. Korean or Japanese speaking would be highly desirable due to suppliers being from these countries.
Head of Design duties include:
- Enhance design team knowledge by sharing design experience on assembly of transmission and engine products to build-up a first-class design assembly team with international level;
- Support actively the R&D department on motor projects and other transmission assembly projects during their complete life-cycle (from quotation to final acceptance);
- Support the R&D team in developing new technologies and in setting the company’s design standards;
- Support quotation team on enhancing the equipments’ concepts to reach the best balance between cost and quality.
Head of Design requirements:
- More than 5 years of transmission & engine assembly-related processes & design, planning design experience
- Proficient in CAD software (e.g. Autocad, SolidWorks
- Familiar with Chinese automotive design standards, industry standards and related international standards
- Expert with typical transmissions (DCT, AT, MT, AMT) and engine structure, assembly process planning and assembly difficulties
Benefits: take home pay after tax: up to £72,000!! 4 x return UK flights, Free or heavily discounted accommodation, 3 year contract, chance to explore China.