An opportunity has arisen for a mid-level qualified Graphic Designer to join a growing multi-disciplined design team based in Sheffield, UK. Considered a design Centre of Excellence, the team specialises in designing for blue chip global exhibition programmes within the aerospace, defence and healthcare sectors. You will be auto-enrolment into the company pension after 3 months – currently employer contributions are 4% Personal accident insurance from day 1. Following successful completion of the probation period: eligibility for bonus payments subject to the scheme criteria in place at the time, Life assurance cover and permanent health insurance.
You will be required to develop and maintain positive and progressive working relationships with multiple functions, in order to facilitate growth and integration across the business. In particular you will be required to work collaboratively alongside and provide support to the wider Design and Project Managements team.
As the Graphic Designer your duties will be to:
- Prepare print ready files;
- Quality control accountability for key print projects;
- Think independently whilst managing the artwork submits of individual clients;
- Design consistent solutions for print such as large format graphics, signage, banners, logo and vinyl graphics and other exhibition collateral;
- Work with detailers/ CAD technicians to interpret CAD drawings for graphic production;
- Maintain documentation and file storage of print files, proofs and approvals;
- Manage work flow and produce work to deadlines;
- Development of compelling presentations in response to client briefs and new business opportunities;
- Collating content for case studies;
- Communicate budget and lead times of individual print projects;
- Share graphic best practice, skills and knowledge with the wider design team;
- Develop working relationships with a core team of print suppliers and provide interface between suppliers and 3D Designers and Project Managers;
- Actively engage in continuous improvement, ensuring suggestions and opportunities are highlighted to your Line Manager;
- Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company;
- Take a participative role in the company’s sustainability initiative and ensure, where possible, your actions support the achievement of this initiative – re-use, recycle and replenish.
To be a successful Graphic Designer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience and demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Suite applications and Microsoft Powerpoint;
- Knowledge of 3D software desirable;
- Creativity and innovation - Smart design approach;
- A current driving licence and your own transport would be an advantage. Public transport operates locally but would involve a short walk to the office;
- Enthusiasm and a passion for design;
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Attention to detail and finish specification;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strategic thinking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
You will be working Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm. However, candidates will be required to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as necessary to meet deadlines, event schedules and the demands of the business.
In return you will receive a salary of £35,000 per annum.
In application for this role we require a CV and portfolio. Please ensure that you clearly explain how you meet the criteria listed below. In your evidence of how you meet the criteria, you could refer to experience in a similar role (or a related field), or relevant transferable skills that you have.