We are currently recruiting for a Glazing Technician to work for a well-established manufacturer within the optical industry on a permanent basis, based in Birmingham City Centre - Free car parking is available.
Glazing experience is essential for this position. Benefits include 33 days holiday including the Bank Holidays, discount on products, industry knowledge bonus, KPI bonus, company performance bonus, BUPA membership, and free car parking or a travel card.
As the Glazing Technician, you will be:
- Producing high-quality glazed spectacles, to meet customer expectations
- Working within the operations department carrying out tasks in accordance with SOP including lens tinting, frame tracing, manual and automated blocking, lens edging (manual and automated) and rimless drilling and milling
- Hand finishing and fitting of full-rim metal/plastic frames, supra/nylon frames, rimless frames, horn, gold, wooden and Lindberg
- Completing final verification of completed spectacles to ISO standards
- Dealing with any processing issues
- Ensuring working environments and equipment is clean and meets health and safety standards
As the Glazing Technician, you will:
- Have glazing experience and an understanding of optical manufacturing processes is essential
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- You may have experience of the following: Optical Technician, Optical Glazing Technician, Glazing Technician or Optical Lab/Laboratory Technician
As the Glazing Technician, your salary will be £24,000 per annum plus a fantastic range of benefits.