German Speaking Key Account Manager
Sales director / Customer Directors (indirect)
Be responsible for their customers in terms of business growth, profit, project steering internally and externally
- Be the key point of contact for their customers, with all levels of purchasing / project management / engine development & testing.
- Be responsible for the customer profitability in terms of pricing (serial deliveries, tooling, project costs).
- Determine best cost/pricing in the RFQ phase, get all relevant information customer and competitor related before the RFQ arrives. Preparation of offers/cost breakdowns.
- Secure/improve business profitability by elimination risks (red ink, material recovery, energy cost, x-rate, VA/VE).
- Awareness of international/local laws and authorities related to contractual conditions, warranties and liabilities and work with legal department to agree T&C’s.
- Continuously update market/competitor situation.
- Involve/steer projects/working environment externally and internally.
- Make regular visits to customer plants maintaining contact with logistics, quality, plant purchasing, production engineering and tooling personnel.
- Provide periodic flash reports internally to the organization according to the established templates and frequency.
- Fill and update the databases (sharepoint, SOPS, Market share) on monthly basis with the required data as established by the management.
- Organize & conduct presentations at designated customers (supported where necessary).
- To be available all working day. When on holiday or travelling, telephone voicemails/e-mail auto messages should be set.
- Monitor competitor activities / material developments and report as available.
- Develop specific strategies, propose and agree the annual sales Business Plan and Strategic Plan within the organization.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be assigned in line with business needs.
Role Related Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Personal Attributes
Qualifications or Functional Experience
- Qualification in engineering/sales related education
- 1-3 years experience in automotive industry as a team member being responsible for customer profitability
- Good level of knowledge in engine architecture
- Availability to travel
System or Knowledge
- Well experienced with Windows Office (Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Project)
- Knowledge about customer interface systems (e.g. B2B websites, CAD requirements)
- Able to manage complex business environment and to know when & how to escalate issues
- Good team membership/leadership skills
- Objective communicator and listener
- Able to plan, manage & execute workload with minimum overseeing
- Be flexible to adapt workload
- German language fluently in writing and speaking