We are looking for a Head of Estates to work for a charity based in the South East of England. You will need to provide strategic direction on all property-related matters and to deliver full operational management of the estate. You will be ensuring that it provides a safe, secure and fit for purpose environment for service-users, staff and visitors.
As the Head of Estates your duties will be to:
- Play a key role in the Management Team and to lead the development, creating business plans to support its delivery.
- Propose and manage property acquisitions, disposals, repurposing and effective asset/portfolio utilisation as appropriate and in line with development plans.
- Develop and lead a small team of direct reports.
- Create annually-reviewed, long-term, short-term and cyclical maintenance plans to promote health and safety and maintain legislative compliance.
- Oversee the delivery of maintenance and facilities services.
- Conduct regular property condition audits to ensure all services and facilities provided in-house meet professional standards.
- Advise, lead and project-manage small building works including new developments and alterations.
- Forecast, manage, monitor and control annual budgets and expenditure.
- Provide leadership on sustainability and environmental policies and procedures.
- Control manage and maintain the fleet of vehicles.
- Lead on the procurement of services.
To be a successful Head of Estates you will have the following skills and experience:
- Chartered professional qualification in a property-related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience of managing multi-site property portfolios across large geographical areas, including the development and delivery of estate strategies and realising material cost-savings.
- Sound understanding of the legal and financial aspects of significant property projects and transactions.
- Experience and understanding of managing tenanted properties.
- Previous, effective line-management experience at a senior level.
- To lead, manage and motivate team.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills, with an ability to work with people at all levels, evidence of excellent engagement with stakeholders.
- Resilient and positive with an ability to cope with ambiguity.
- Possession of a relevant NEBOSH or IOSH qualification.
- Full UK Driving licence with the willingness and ability to travel.
- An understanding of Care Regulatory Bodies would be an advantage.
- Experience of working effectively in a Charitable or not for profit related organisation would be an advantage.