An industry leader in technical event staging and who is part of a global, full-service provider for the live events and exhibition industry is seeking a General Ledger Accountant based in Elstree, Hertfordshire to join its expanding finance team. The General Ledger Accountant will receive 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays and statutory public holidays as well as an excellent benefits package.
The company works with many of the world’s leading event organisers and corporate brands to deliver face-to-face experiences that excite and engage. From large scale trade shows to international congresses, glittering awards presentations to high profile sporting events – its clients depend on its 3,000 passionate employees throughout the world for unparalleled service, high impact creativity and flawless execution.
As the General Ledger Accountant your duties be to:
- Prepare month end accounts to completion.
- Ensure the Finance Manager is supported fully when absent.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations in Blankline.
- Weekly cash flows.
- Prepare and enter relevant month end journals each month, Finance Manager to approve and post.
- Prepare full GP analysis by show for actual results.
- Prepare external audit file.
- Prepare VAT returns quarterly.
- Prepare information to complete monthly board reports for submission to the Finance Manager.
- Write reports to assist with month end reporting.
- Prepare information to aid Finance Managers with fort-nightly and monthly forecast reporting.
To be a successful General Ledger Accountant you will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree-level or equivalent in accountancy.
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent (A-C grade).
- Part qualified ACCA or CIMA or qualified by experience.
- Experience gained within the exhibition and events industry.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
You will be working a 37.5 hour week working Monday to Friday, typically between the hours of 9.00 – 5.30 (with one hour unpaid lunch). You may be required to work evenings and weekends during busy periods in order to meet the demands of the business.
In return, the General Ledger Accountant will receive a salary of £33,000 - £36,000 per annum.