Front End Designer/Web Developer
Subsidised Gym Membership
Career progression and support
Buzzing working and friendly environment
Who are we?
We are a vibrant young company with a family ethic that is growing rapidly. Employees enjoy a relaxed office environment with no requirements for formal attire. Regular company events throughout the year. We expect staff to work hard but enjoy their working day too!
Due to the expansion we are looking for a Web Developer to join the marketing team, someone with solid dev background and has knowledge of and insight into marketing processes. You'll have a strong portfolio of visually striking work, you'll be used to playing a big part in the design of the layout and visual assets, not just the build.
Skills and experience essential for this role!
- PHP/MySQL Developer with experience of Drupal 7 and/or similar content management systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Create Suite, encompassing Photoshop, and ideally Illustrator and InDesign.
- Demonstrable knowledge of key User Experience principles and practical implementation.
Experience of design/updating of printed marketing material
- Sound understanding of the required development languages
- You will be able to manage your own time to ensure delivery of projects. within defined time scales.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player and also be able to work on your own when required.
- Keen eye for quality and pay strict attention to detail
- You will be flexible and be able to cope with several projects at any one time.
- Designing, building and reviewing websites and landing pages as per business needs.
- Developing design briefs that suit the business's purpose;
- Thinking Creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing designs;
- Using Innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to managers/stakeholders.
- Involvement in on-going digital technology development
- Meeting relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy;
- Designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it is in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client;
- Proof reading content and grammar and making changes where necessary;
- Editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages;
- Liaising with outside agencies;
- Testing the website to ensure is it still working;
- Researching current trends;
- Continual professional development to keep up to date with new software and developments.