A new opportunity has arisen for a Freight Forwarding Operator to join a well-established organisation who pride in the quality of service they provide to existing / new customers globally by all modes of transport. Your holiday will increase with service and you will also receive free parking!
You will have an understanding of all elements of Import and Export.
As a Freight Forwarding Operator, you will be:
- Taking enquiries via telephone, email and the website
- Obtaining prices from shipping lines / airlines and NVOCC’s
- Quoting customers and making bookings
- Raising and processing shipping documentation and completing all administration and billing out files
- Arranging collections and deliveries
- Liaising with Customers, Airlines, Shipping Lines and Hauliers
- Carrying out general administration duties
- Completing Export Customs Declarations Experience
As a Freight Forwarding Operator, you will have:
- Previous experience in International Forwarding Operations and an excellent understanding of all areas of shipping documentation
- A pro-active approach looking to offer additional services wherever possible
- A meticulous eye for detail and good mathematical knowledge
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A can-do professional and hard-working attitude and be passionate about covering all areas of freight operations
- You may have experience of the following: Transport Administrator, Shipping Clerk, Administration Assistant, Export Assistant, Import Assistant, Import and Export Assistant and Co-ordinator.
As a Freight Forwarding Operator, you will receive a salary of up to £25,000 depending on experience plus the following benefits:
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays increasing to 33 after 5 years’ service.
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Social events