Forge Engineer - Industrial Manufacturing
Up to £59,000 dependant upon experience + bonus, benefits and more….
A new opportunity has arisen to join this world leading manufacturer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Forge Engineer will have the responsibility for the availability, reliability and effectiveness of Forge equipment on site. This includes responsibility for identifying improvement opportunities and ongoing maintenance requirements.
This role will suit someone keen to find an exciting hands-on opportunity in a business that offers genuine, realistic and proven career progression by means of succession planning - we are looking for someone with drive and ambition.
As the Forge Engineer, you will:
- Ensure that equipment is running safely and effectively
- Ensure sufficient plans are in place to ensure future reliability of the Plant
- Complete regular reviews of PPM, liaising closely with Maintenance and Operations departments to maximise opportunities during Plant downtime
- Ensure safe working through method statements and risk assessments
- Implement process improvements
- Control department engineering spend
- Ensure sufficient spares to minimise downtime
- Understand and comply with environmental and safety legislation
- Identify cost savings through Plant improvement and energy savings
- Degree/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent, or qualified through experience
- Previous experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate at a technical level with peers and external subject matter experts
- Understanding/experience of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Knowldege/experince of forging press operations
About the Salary & Benefits: up to £59,000 (negotiable dependant upon experience) - discretionary bonus (circa 8% per annum) paid on individual and company performance, 26 days leave (+ 8 Bank & statutory holidays), pension (employee and employer contributions up to 8%), Private Health and Dental Care, other schemes including childcare vouchers etc. Working hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm – Monday to Friday.