We are looking for high calibre Principal and Senior software engineers to work on the design and implementation of embedded firmware which runs on our 10G network controllers.
The role will involve working closely with the silicon team to refine the design and performance models of our next generation silicon. By developing firmware the team helps validate the silicon design and from this knowledge transitions to developing production firmware for use by our driver teams.
This is an exciting role helping Solarflare move into new markets. You will have worked extensively at the hardware / software interface involving networking in some capacity, programming in C and ideally assembler on occasion for high performance environments.
We are looking for embedded engineers with a very strong academic background in a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics or computer science) or of similar calibre.
Desired Skills and Experience
· PhD and/or Bachelors degree, first class or 2:1 from well ranked university
· 5+ years software experience (or equivalent) working at silicon or networking companies
· Proven commercial experience developing in C
· Hardware/software co-design
· Ethernet & TCP/IP
· Embedded systems ideally with extensive knowledge of system software and device drivers
· Digital design (EDA tools, Verilog, VHDL)