Our client is actively seeking an experienced, strategically focussed and results driven Financial Controller to complement their finance department on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities will include
- Working closely alongside the Group Finance Director to ensure overall delivery of financial performance targets, financial reporting, managing suppliers, improving processes and maintaining healthy cashflow
- Implement and drive financial review meetings with shared service functional management to share and where necessary, robustly challenge financial performance, understand business drivers, and add value and support to business decision making
- Ownership of the month end process, including preparation of management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and control,
- Preparation of VAT / CT tax returns / coordinate with Group tax advisers.
- Production of monthly financial performance reports for executive review and for monthly Board reporting
- Develop key business relationships across the group to ensure relevant financial information and commentary is consolidated and reported to management
- Assist in the development and implementation of structures to ensure costs are appropriately recharged within the group of businesses
- Work with the finance team to develop processes and templates that report expenditure and financial performance from accounting systems in an accurate, consistent and timely manner
- Consolidate and analyse monthly financial results in a consistent, accurate and timely manner, adding value through analysis and commentary
- Develop key relationships with functional management to ensure finance is viewed as an essential and valued part of the decision-making process
- Responsible for preparing budgets, quarterly forecasts, stat accounts and annual external audits
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 3 year’ group experience. High levels of commercial and strategic awareness and exceptional excel/data manipulation skills are essential for this role, together with strong analytical and reporting capabilities.