Our client, a well-established subsidiary abattoir in Angus with successful collaborations between Scottish Pig Producers Scotlean & Tulip has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
Boasting a state-of-the-art lairage, kill line, rapid carcase chill system, fridges and lorry wash, the Brechin site is able to process all pigs born in Scotland, with a current capacity of 6,500 pigs and 300 sows per week with slaughtering and primal cutting taking place on site.
Reporting to the Board of Directors the successful Financial Controller will be responsible for the Financial and Management activity onsite. Key responsibilities will include although not be limited to:
- Overseeing the day to day sales ledgers, VAT returns and tax compliances
- Preparation and review of monthly journals, month end accounts and balance / mass reconciliations
- Management of site cash flow, fixed asset register, verifications, dealing with disposals and additions
- Tracking capex spend and ensuring spend request forms are completed and approved in line with approval matrix/policy, while maintaining tight controls
- Understanding loan agreements and ensuring interest is charged correctly
- Assisting in control and audit of financial processes throughout the site
- Working with management team / budget holders to review monthly budget v actual costs
- Ensuring the preparation and accuracy of updating annual budgets and forecasts
- Budget meetings with budget owners monthly, set budgets, educate non-finance people and review actual spend & variances
- To develop maintain and manage robust financial information reporting, systems and controls, year-end audits and tax calculations
- Undertake internal audits and maintain appropriate risk management controls.
- Providing accurate and timely information to board of director while presenting results during monthly meetings
- Setting up weekly accounts and producing costings to ensuring processes are being followed throughout the factory
- Updating direct labour reconciliations and understanding pay grades/bonus set up/NLW changes
- Production of daily KPIs with commentary around the factory with daily meetings
- Understanding impact of costs and efficiencies throughout the processes in the factory
- Supporting site management team with any ad hoc duties and on-site projects
The Financial Controller will:
- Be CIMA / ACCA qualified
- Have previous experience of working in the manufacturing industry (FMCG or food processing experience desirable)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain financial metrics to non-financial colleagues
- IT competent including use of word and excel (including use of pivot tables and lookups) with previous experience of using Sage desirable
- Be process driven with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to short deadlines
The successful Financial Controller will work full-time Monday to Friday, 40-45 hours per week and receive a competitive salary which is negotiable on appointment.