Finance Controller – Southampton
£45,000 - £60,000 per annum
Excellent Benefits / Free Parking / Commutable / Immediate start
My client is a high performing multi million pound, dynamic company with an innovative approach to business is looking to source a talented and ambitious Finance Controller to join their medium sized team.
The business has continued to grow both in local and international markets and believes in continuous growth and profitability offering development and progressive opportunities for their staff!
The main purpose of this role is to provide leadership of the finance reporting group and be responsible for providing comprehensive reporting, budgeting and forecasting solutions.
- Own the month end process including production of monthly P&L and balance sheets, budgets and forecasts
- Review variances against forecast and propose action where needed
- Own and manage cash flow forecasting, challenging projects and optimising cash where possible
- Review cost structures, including presenting and implementing any recommended cost changes or initiatives
- Work alongside FP&A and Management Accountant team to lead production of analysis, forecasting and planning processes
- Keep Finance Business Partner aware of upcoming financial and cash flow issues
- Manage the year-end audit process
- Assist the Finance Business Partner in continuous improvement of processes by sharing best practise and maintain strong relationships within all the different departments
- Ensure appropriate financial governance and controls are in place
- Provide decision-driving analysis to leverage opportunities and mitigate risk
- Bonus scheme review and control
- Effectively manage, motivate and develop the Finance Department
Personality and Skillset Requirements
- The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant with previous experience doing a similar role for at least 3 - 5 years.
- You will be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organisation and the ability to deliver results in a complex environment.
- You will have strong commercial acumen and excellent communication skills at all levels.
- You will remain calm and focused under pressure.