This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant to join a well established and successful distribution company based in Newcastle Under Lyme.
This role entails providing a pro-active and comprehensive support role to the Finance Director. Duties include responsibility for the development of accurate and timely financial reporting and effective management of a team of 3. Offering an attractive salary, plus pension and private health cover, with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, this is a very desirable place to work.
The successful Financial Accountant will have:
- CIMA / ACCA qualifications, this is essential
- Ideally a FMCG and/or private sector background, where a large customer/supplier base is the norm.
- A pro-active approach with organization and change management experience.
- Staff management skills and good leadership qualities with the ability to motivate.
- Proven written and verbal communications skills.
- Analytical skills with acute attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Sage line 200 and/or Accord ERP system.
- Strong Excel skills - minimum requirement: advanced level.
- A commitment to customer focus.
- Strong team player qualities, with a hands-on approach, showing integrity and diplomacy at all time.
The duties of the Financial Accountant are:
- Management of a team of 3 within the finance function
- To ensure that processes and procedures are implemented and continually assessed to ensure efficient team management and to deliver financial information within tight timescales.
- Preparation of company accounts for both internal and external requirements ensuring accuracy and adherence to deadlines. To present to Finance Director for detailed review in line with specified deadlines.
- Provision of costing analysis for reporting and budgeting processes.
- To manage and develop the purchase ledger and assistant accounts functions to include monitoring of staffing levels, working methods and productivity i.e. ensuring accuracy of processing of documents and payments.
- Daily update of cash flow statements.
- Prepare and manage payments made from the business in line with cash flow guidelines to maintain creditor days but minimizing exposure to supplier ‘on stop’ and/or risk of legal action.
- Monitoring, reconciling and reporting on all bank accounts both sterling and foreign currency.
- Daily and monthly update and reconciliation of CID Facility
- To act as primary contact for collation of payroll information and liaise with payroll bureau.
- To be responsible for the preparation and checking of VAT and associated returns to be submitted to Revenue and Customs.
- Review and check that the Fixed Asset register and assets are correctly recorded and depreciated and reconciles to the company nominal ledger.
- Provision of daily, weekly, monthly management information.
Salary: Up to £35,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays, workplace pension, private health cover, staff shop facilities
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
This role would suit someone with previous experience as: Financial Accountant; Accountant, Finance Manager, Financial Manager, Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant