Finance Transformation Manager
London (but can be home based) with overseas travel
This market leading listed business operates in over 30 countries and is offering great prospects for an ambitious qualified Accountant. The head office is in London and you can choose whether to base yourself there or work from home, so your current location is not a limiting factor in applying for this opportunity. Working in the Global Business Services team, your role will be project based and involve some travel to other countries.
To apply successfully, you will be an ambitious, qualified accountant with a strong track record of academic achievement but with a ‘hands-on’, proactive approach to finding solutions to problems as they arise, and with the confidence and desire to seek out further transformation opportunities within existing finance processes and controls. You may be looking to make your first move from a Top 10 / Big 4 Practice or already be in a transformation or Internal Audit type role.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of this role is supporting the Global Business Services Management Team to deliver finance transformation projects, including specifically acting as Project Manager for a planned global rollout of a new balance sheet reconciliation tool to 30+ countries which will involve travelling to business units (including Europe, the US and Asia). In addition, the role holder will also play a central role in departmental budget setting and in reviewing controls and compliance within our outsourced finance and accounting operations.
- Project Manage the global rollout of the balance sheet reconciliation tool across the group, including but not limited to:
- Own the project plan, ensure it is regularly updated and that the tool is rolled out on time across all in scope countries.
- Work with the Group Finance Manager – Controls to set global templates for all balance sheet reconciliations
- Become the ‘super user’ and provide training to local Finance Teams
- Review existing balance sheet reconciliations, identify gaps and work with local Finance Teams to bring their reconciliations in line with the global templates/standards
- Aid the implementation in each country, providing practical assistance to the local Finance Team
- Help countries implement best practice and provide solutions
- Assist with departmental budget setting, including but not limited to producing a draft departmental budget and quarterly updates throughout the year and a (3 Year) Medium Term Plan on annual basis.
- Perform regular review of the ‘internal’ risk and compliance monitoring carried out by our Business Process Outsourcing partner.
- Over time, act as Global Process Lead for outsourced ‘Record to Report’ activity, and assist in identifying further activity that can be centralised from Divisions and/or outsourced
- Dealing with ad hoc requests from the GBS Management Team as required.
- Qualified accountant, preferably ACA or ACCA.
- Bright, energetic, and highly motivated individual with ambitions to progress within the business.
- Strong record of academic achievement.
- Operational/component or SSC audit experience
- Retail experience desirable
- Background Ideally from large Audit Firm
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Knowledge of International accounting standards
- Strong systems proficiency, particularly the use of Excel spreadsheets. .
- Good communication skills, with interpersonal skills to be comfortable working with colleagues at all levels within the business.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and strong self-review processes a pre-requisite for this role.
- Ability to travel overseas to various business units
The successful applicant will receive a basic salary of between £55k and £65k, plus car allowance, bonus and extensive benefits.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent career opportunity, please send your details to Onyx Recruitment.