Our client is seeking a qualified or part-qualified finance professional to join their team working within a busy Finance Department. You will be providing day to day support to the Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller on all aspects of financial accounting.
To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum of two years of experience in a similar role. The working hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Balance sheet reconciliations including supporting control accounts and reconciliations.
- Month end processes, including all accruals, provisions and prepayments.
- Provide routine and ad-hoc reporting and analysis for use in managing the business, including analysis of overhead costs and production figures and weekly cash flows.
- Develop and implement new reporting when required.
- Maintenance of fixed assets register and capital projects.
- Submission of third party reports- Intrastat, VAT etc.
- Liaise with other Departments within the Company and with the Company’s external auditors.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required
In order to be considered for this role, applicants would ideally be a newly qualified or part-qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with previous experience either within a similar company role, or experience from working within an accountancy practice.
Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, including the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines are a must, as is accuracy & clarity in both written/verbal communications. The successful individual should be a self-starter with an accurate and reliable approach to the role, and possess a flexible and willing work ethic. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel & Outlook are also crucial.
Our client is looking for a dedicated and hardworking individual who will be committed to the company and able to cope with the demands of a fast-paced workplace. For the right candidate, this post is a long-term assignment. You will initially start off on a 12 week probationary contract which will be reviewed and likely extended.