Finance Manager - funky & fun, not “corporate shirt”
Circa £50,000 depending on experience
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and successful restaurants in Europe, with various restaurants already based in London and looking to expand within the UK. This would suit an experienced Finance professional with an entrepreneurial flair who gets truly excited by rolling their sleeves up and getting involved in the growth and success of a dynamic organisation. This will NOT suit a “corporate stuffed shirt”!
You will be based at their Head Office in Central London and overseeing the finance function, you will be responsible for the financial overview on a daily level for the group. The Finance Manager must also provide support to the group and ensure correct procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
Essential requirements: The successful Finance Manager must have:
- Previous financial experience working within the food and beverage industry – this is essential.
- Previous experience of working with foreign currency would be an advantage
- Experience of producing management accounts, VAT and budget experience
- A professional qualification AAT, ACCA or CIMA
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables and lookups
- The ability to introduce systems and procedures as and when required
- A flexible approach to travel as will be visiting the restaurants on a regular basis
- Strong communication skills as must be able to feed back financial information to various departments within the business
The duties of the Finance Manager are:
- Reconciling and controlling turnover on a monthly basis
- Closing the financial statements
- Producing monthly management accounts
- VAT and budget control
- Approval of customer accounts and setting up debtors
- Financial reporting, conducting profitability analysis
- Managing stock adjustment of restaurants
- Month end and year end procedures
- Managing the intercompany invoices
- Balance statement of accounts for international and UK
- Balancing the creditor module and the bank for both UK and internationally
- Updating currencies for international and UK
- Invoicing and balancing debit accounts
- Registering, completing and producing payroll
Salary: Circa £50,000 depending on experience
Benefits include private healthcare and company pension
This role would suit someone with previous experience as: Finance Manager, Financial Manager, Accounts Manager, Financial Accountant, Financial Analyst, Management Accountant, Accountant, Financial Controller.