The individual would ideally have experience of in a high volume financial service environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily bank reconciliations including the timely resolution of un-matched items with the wider team (finance and non-finance)
- To operate effectively in this high transaction volume environment and work to the rigorous financial controls adhered to within the company
- Obtain appropriate sign off, of all invoices and allocate correctly within the accounting system
- Calculating and generating pay-outs on a daily basis
- Carrying out checks on data to ensure its integrity
- Posting accruals, prepayments and month end journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of financial reports, including the monthly trail balance
- Ad hoc finance duties
- Finance Administration
Key requirements are:
- A hands-on approach.
- A committed team player with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with people to resolve issues
- A desire for continuous improvement and quality in all system and control processes.
- Be IT literate with a sound understanding of Excel (including vlookups, pivot tables, sumif functions etc) and ideally Sage
- A solid background within finance
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in work carried out
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible in your duties